Behavioral Health Career Paths
The RI Certification Board's Career Ladder provides a user friendly guide to information on various certifications, including:
• Certified Peer Recovery Specialist (CPRS)
• Certified Community Health Worker (CCHW)
• Provisional Alcohol and Drug Counselor (PADC)
• Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC)
• Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CAADC)
• Certified Clinical Supervisor (CCS)
• Student Assistance Counselor (SAC)
Regardless of your educational entry point (GED through Masters), the Career Ladder will provide you with specific details and benefits of certification and well as job titles of those seeking certification. Feel free to call the RI Certification Board or SUMHLC if you have any questions.
Behavioral Health ROLE COMPARISON
Behavioral health professionals play a number of different roles depending on their title or certification. For a general comparison of the responsibilities of various positions please see the attached document.