Training Fees & Policies
1) Conveniently register and pay online with a credit card.
2) To pay by check or money order, complete the online registration and mail in your full payment to the address below. YOUR CHECK MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN TEN (10) DAYS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR SPACE MAY BE FORFEITED.
200 Metro Center Blvd. Unit 10
Warwick, RI 02886
ATT: Diane Bernardo
Faxed Registrations WILL BE NOT ACCEPTED
Registrations are processed on a first-come, first-served basis, with seating limited per fire code regulations. You will be notified of your enrollment status via email within ten days of your registration and payment.
If you have not received your acceptance notification within one week of your class, please contact SUMHLC at (401)521-5759 to verify the status of your registration.
Training materials will be sent to each participant via email prior to each class. SUMHLC will no longer be providing copies of training PowerPoint and other materials. The participant is responsible to print out the materials and bring them to class.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEUs):
CEUs or clock hours are listed within each course description.
In order to receive a Certificate of Completion verifying earned CEU/clock hours, participants must attend 100%*** of the course (see Attendance Policy below), AND complete the necessary Pre&Post Test and Training Evaluation within one week of the training.
Abbreviations for the CEU granting organizations are as follows:
CD: Approved by the Rhode Island Certification Board toward chemical dependency certification and licensing.
SW: Approved by the National Association of Social Workers, Rhode Island Chapter.
MHC: Approved by the Rhode Island Mental Health Counselors Association
***In order to receive full Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or clock hours, you MUST SIGN IN upon arrival and attend the entire class. If you arrive late or leave class early, please notify a SUMHLC staff member. CEUs or clock hours will be pro-rated to the next hour.
Participants who miss 20% or more of any training or fail to sign in or notify staff of arrival will be ineligible to receive credit.
Training fees are non-refundable. However, if you contact SUMHLC at (401)521-5759 before 12 noon on the day prior to your training SUMHLC will hold a training credit for you until June 30th.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY:
During inclement weather, any class cancellations will be posted on local radio and TV stations and recorded on SUMHLC’s answering machine (401)521-5759.
Please apply only for those trainings that are appropriate for your background.
- FOUNDATION: For those with 0-2 years of experience who need an introduction to the topic.
- INTERMEDIATE: For those with 2-5 years of experience and have basic knowledge of topic.
- ADVANCED: For those with more than 5 years of experience with a strong understanding of the topic who wish to seek more in-depth information.
- SUPERVISOR: For individuals who are working as supervisors, managers or directors
- ALL: Suitable for a wide audience.